Thursday, August 9, 2007

30DC: Day 8 and Day 9 - The Quick Checklist

Back to the Drawing Board!

Wow! what a wealth of knowledge that was. I found out that all my niches had absolutely no potential in Google Trends. So I began my journey back to the beginning. The funny thing, though, is that the process was much faster the second time around and I was able to find 4 good niches to work with!

It also helps to have Garrett's toolbar: Wordtracker / Trends Tools (30 Day Challenge Blog)

Niche Research Checklist
  1. Niche Brainstorming: Start looking for needs, wants, problems, questions in different industries
  2. Keyword and Competition Analysis
    • Write down number of sites on Google Search
    • Write down number of search on Wordtracker
  3. Noticing
    • Do " + affiliate" search and notice the number of affiliate programs
    • Look at Google Sponsored Ads to see who is promoting a product
  4. Niche Judgement
    1. Make a matrix of Niche Market, Description/Notes, Umbrella Keyword, Wordtracker, Google Results, and Google Trends.
    2. Criteria:
      1. Wordtracker: 80-100+ searches per day
      2. Google Search Less than 25,000-30,000 competiting sites
      3. Google Trends: 80-100+ searches per day
Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

2 comments:

mark petzold said...

Nice summary. I've started over from step one more times than I care to think about this week. At this rate by the time I make my $10 this month, that'll be an hourly wage of about 10 cents per hour. :)

But I have a feeling that learning the skill you summarized in this post is going to be worth a lot more than that.

https://emadvafa.blogspot.com/ said...

Hey dude , i just visit your Blog its is good , i like it...

hey take a look at mine and tell me what do you think
http://3lection.blogspot.com/2007_01_28_archive.html

thanks