Monday, August 6, 2007

Article Marketing Update: What is Bum Marketing?

After creating my article on squidoo for "Manually Removing Spyware", I wanted some feedback on what others thought about my article. I posted on the Wealthy Affiliate forums and a user by the name of Benjamin pointed me to his FAQ. He led me to a very good resource from Travis Sago about Bum Marketing.

Anyway, my ranking for my Squidoo article has gone from #12,000+ to #2758 over the weekend! The MAIN reason for this was that people were clicking on my article and checking it out because of the post on the wealthy affiliate forum.

The point is, that by driving traffic to the site, it can gain popularity by very simple and free methods such as:
  • Forum Marketing
  • Article Marketing
  • Blog Marketing
  • Social Networking
I was able to drive about 30 clicks from my forum post. The Article Marketing method suggests that I create an article which refers back to my squidoo article by submitting to ezines or goarticle. The methods suggest providing helpful suggestions through forum posts, blog comments and social networking groups discussions.

I'm guessing that during the 30DC that we will using facebook and teams to help generate to each others site since this is what happened for me in the forums.

I have yet to make my first sale from this site, and from what I heard, it takes time for free traffic to generate a sale since the traffic just trickles in.

More to come in the future!

No comments: